The Mental Health Service Awards of Australia and New Zealand.
TheMHS Awards program is a peer review process and acknowledges service excellence. Winners are announced at the Awards Ceremony held during the TheMHS Annual Conference.
- Applications open early December 2016
- Please read ‘Rules and Scoring’ and ‘Application Instructions’ before preparing your entry.
- Entry submission available at the end of ‘Application Instructions’ page.
Award Categories for Programs and Services
- Assessment and/or Treatment
- Psychosocial and/or Support
- Mental Health Promotion or Mental Illness Prevention
- Education, Training or Workforce Development
- Mental Health Consumer and Mental Health Peer Work
- Physical Health and/or Primary Care
- Achievement Award for entries with a different focus (including larger multistrand services)
The winners in each category will receive*:
A3 Display Certificate: TheMHS Awards framable certificate
Financial support to attend the 2017 TheMHS Conference in Sydney, Australia (travel and accommodation)
- Economy airfares to and from the host city (booking as agreed by TheMHS). Travel within Australia and/or New Zealand only.
- Accommodation for up to 3 nights (booking as agreed by TheMHS)
- Complimentary 3-day conference registration
- Recognition on TheMHS Learning Network website, Conference e-Book of Proceedings, TheMHS Awards booklet and the Online Resource Collection
*Contingent on funding
* Prize benefits are non-transferable
Highly commended entries receive a Letter of Commendation and one discounted conference registration. These are not presented on stage but will be listed in the Awards booklet.
The list of winners is published on the TheMHS website after entrants have been notified.
Past Award Winners
Visit our Awards Archive to see the past Service Award Winners.